The Hub for the Exchange of Music Innovation (HEMI) is an initiative of 10 music organizations from Central and South Eastern Europe (CSEE), co-funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union for 4 years (2020-23)
In a time dominated with troublesome news, partners from Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, North Macedonia, Poland , Romania, Serbia and Slovenia have joined forces to support the professionalization and internationalization of Artist and Music entrepreneurs of the region.
Developed as a Cluster, partnership includes Public and Private organizations, Associations, Festival and Conference Organizers, Export Offices and a Music Business school, HEMI aims to create a sustainable “Music Hub” with the objective to:
- Develop innovative business models between consortium partners to jointly capitalize on distinctive but complementary assets (conferences, Festivals and products),
- Co-produce and co-promote new events / products to create strong brand awareness,
- Create an Incubator to support the professionalization & internationalization of CSEE music professionals (i.e. fellows),
- Support CSEE music professionals vocational and educational training (VET) with new models to meet current market needs.
HEMI partner’s goals are to strengthen and expand the horizontal value chain of music industry, to develop cooperative model between organizations operating in the Music Industry and to support the circulation of music makers from the 9 participating countries.
In other words, we aim to ensure that artists and music professionals will reach new audiences and markets!
To achieve this goals over the next 3 years (2021-2023), HEMI will develop activities comprised of conferences, festivals, events, panels, workshops, webinars, mentoring and pitching sessions to secure permanent networking activities through 3 main projects:
- HEMI Music Awards: the talent programme for Export Ready Artists
- HEMI Incubator: the business activities to support music entrepreneurs
- HEMI Sphere: the platform with educational content, coaching sessions and news, to discover the sound from our HemiSphere!
HEMI partnership is developed by 10 partners from Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, North Macedonia, Poland, Republic of Serbia, Romania and Slovenia.
HEMI is a project is co-funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union for 4 years (2020-2023).
Creative Europe is the European Commission framework programme for support to the culture and audiovisuals sector. More about Creative Europe