HEMI MUSIC AWARDS OPEN CALL 2023
Are you an artist? Do you feel Export-Ready?
Do you live in Central & South Eastern Europe?
Seeking professional support to break through the borders?
Then, HEMI Music Awards are for you!
Apply now and get your chance to win networking & tailor made activities to help you and take the next step in your career!
HEMI Music Awards is a talent programme for artists who seek professional support to help them break through the borders, reach new audiences and develop an international career.
The Αwards are addressed to Export-ready solo artists or bands. They must have promo material on the internet, music available on major streaming platforms, and experience in playing music to a live audience.
HEMI MUSIC AWARDS is organized by the Hub for the Exchange of Music Innovation (HEMI) a project of 10 organizations from 9 countries, co-funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The selection is done by an international Jury of 27 members Industry Experts, Festival organizers, Promoters, Export Offices, Venue managers and Music journalists from the 9 countries participating in the Awards: Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia and Slovenia.
The process of selection is developed in 3 phases:
Phase 1: Preselection of 27 nominees
This phase is about checking applicants’ data and eligibility criteria, leading to a preselection of 3 nominees per country (27 in total).
Preselected nominees will get access to online trainings covering major topic related to music business. The objective is to help artists identify skills and competencies they need towards the development of their international career.
27 preselected artists list will be announced on the 1st of February 2023.
Phase 2: Selection of 9 Nominees
A phase where the Jury and experts will reduce the 3 nominees to 1 per country, leading to a pool of 9 international nominees.
Activities will split in 2 parts:
1. The training part with Tailor-Made Business Consultancy aimed to help them expand their carrier beyond their home country!
2. The touring part, where each HEMI associated showcases and festival partners will select and book some of the nominees to perform live during at their events (see event partners)
Phase 3: HEMI Music Award Winner
The final phase of the awards concluding the training, touring, networking and evaluation activities.
HMA winner will be selected according to the evaluation activities and number of bookings achieved in phase 2 and gets promotional support, as well as all costs to travel, participate and perform live at Major International Festival and Conference*.
* The event will be chosen in accordance with the Music Genre of the winner. Choice can be related to Covid pandemic situation.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
The HEMI Music Awards 2023 budget is divided in prize packages worth a total of €36,000.
The 27 preselected nominees (phase 1), will get access to online meetings, presentations and webinars to enhance their knowledge about Live Sector challenges in the Region and in the wider European market.
Artists and representatives will get to know the people behind HEMI and about the HEMI Awards events, you’ll learn more about HEMI markets, get media coverage and business assessment made by HEMI network partners.
In phase 2, the 9 nominees will receive personalized support through dedicated promo and tailor made training activities events to help them learn new skills and expand their competencies, contributing towards the development of their international career.
They will get access to HMA touring programme including collaboration with booking managers, live performance and networking in the 9 HEMI MUSIC AWARDS partners countries and events, a total prize value of € 2,000 per nominee.
HEMI Music Award (phase 3) – winners’ package includes costs for content creation, promo campaigns and will cover all expenses to attend and perform at the selected international Festival, a total prize value of € 5,000 .
The HEMI Awards winner will also receive extra promotion by the 18 media partners of the HMA 2023 programme.
The HEMI Music Awards (HMA) activities will combine theory, practice and most of all, provide you life time experiences!
HMA Business Consultancy
Tailor made activities provided by selected music industry experts, to give you all the answers in a 360 approach.
HMA Delegate Pass
A privileged access and an opportunity to meet with international Music Industry professionals, to develop your network.
HMA Artists Focus
Dedicated promotional events during Showcase and Conferences, to present yourself to international music professionals!
HMA Live Tour
Get booked and prepare your trip to tour in some or perhaps even all HMA associate Showcases Conference and festivals!
HMA Export Pack
Support for promotions, content creation and matchmaking activities, to ensure you get everything you need to go international!
HEMI MUSIC AWARDS Prize 2023
After your sucesful journey in central, eastern and south european Showcase Conferences and Festivals, get ready to go west, with a promo support pack and a Live performance at major european music festival!
HEMI MUSIC AWARDS (HMA) 2023 ACTIVITY PROGRAMME
Phase 1 activities
Preselection and Evaluation for the 27 Nominees
Period: 01st of February – 01st of March 2023
- Personal meeting with national HMA team
- Common meeting with HEMI partners
- Meeting with all HMA nominees
- Access to online lectures
Workshops & Lecture topics
- kickoff meeting
- Discover HMA Music Markets (workshop)
- From identity to strategy (lecture)
- Meaning of Export Ready (lecture)
- How to talk to the press? (lecture)
…and 7 more topics to be announced!
HMA delegate pass
Each of the nominees (solo artist and/or all band members) will receive an accreditation to attend the event of their home country (final dates tbc) :
- MENT Ljubljana (SI) > 29-31/03/2023
- Tallinn Music Week (EE) > 10-14/05/2023
- Athens Music Week (GR) > 30/05-02/06/2023
- Wianki w Krakowie (PL) > 24/06/2023
- EXIT Festival (RS) > 06-09/07/2023
- Mastering the Music Business (RO) >05-07/09/2023
- Reconnect (CZ) >05-07/10/2023
- BUSH (HU) > 20-23/10/2023
- Tak Brzmi Miasto (PL) > 18-19/11/2023
- PIN Music Conference (MK) > 23-25/11/2023
Phase 2 activities
Selection of the 9 International Nominees
Period: March – November 2023
- Coordination meetings with HMA team
- Artists Focus and Networking activities during HEMI partners events
- Business Consultancy based on personalized needs (common workshops and one on one mentoring sessions)
- HMA live tour > Booking for live performances from HEMI partners for their Festivals and Showcase Conferences
HMA Delegate pass
1 Artist representative or Band Manager of each of the 9 nominees will receive accreditations to access all HEMI partners’ events:
Athens Music Week (GR), BUSH (HU), EXIT Festival (RS), Mastering the Music Business (RO), MENT Ljubljana (SI), Reconnect (CZ), Tak Brzmi Miasto (PL), Tallinn Music Week (EE), PIN Music Conference (MK) and Wianki w Krakowie (PL)
Phase 3 activities
Selection of Award winner
Period: November – December 2023
- Meeting with HMA team
- Set up of Promotional activities
- Organization of live performance at major european music festival
HMA Export Pack
- Matchmaking with professional contacts (e.g. music platforms, Labels, Music Agencies, Booking Agencies, Festival organizers).
- Promotional support prior, during and after live performance.
COVID-19 notice: HMA networking and travelling activities are subject to changes depending on the evolution of the pandemic.
WHO CAN APPLY
• Applicants must be solo artists or bands living in one of the countries participating in the contest:
– Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, and Slovenia.
• Artists and band members must be 18 and above.
• Artists must have a video showing their live performance
• Artists will be asked to demonstrate that :
– they have a marketing plan to promote their music,
– they have released new music over the last 2 years,
– they have performed in concerts over the last 2 years.
• Artists’ motivation
• Project Export potential
• Fluency in English
WANT TO TAKE YOUR CHANCE? APPLY NOW!
The deadline to submit applications is set to Sunday 8 of January 2023, 23:59 CET.
On Wednesday, 25th of January 2023, 3 nominees from each of the 9 participating countries will be contacted to confirm their participation and send further information.
Should you have been selected, you will have 3 calendar days to contact us. Kindly note that if you do not respond, your nomination will be offered to another applicant.
The pre-selected nominees will be announced on Wednesday 1st of February 2023. For further inquiries, please contact us at info[at]hemimusichub.eu